Asked Questions


What is the customer service phone number?

Our friendly bilingual customer service staff is ready to help from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday and 10:00 – 2:00 p.m. PST on Saturday.  Policyholders and producers are welcome to call 866-424-9511 with questions or concerns about billing, and other policy-related issues. 

Is my account number the same as my policy number?

Yes. This information can be found on your insurance card and your declarations page, or by contacting your local agent.

How do I make a change to my policy (add or change a vehicle and/or have questions on my policy?

  • Our friendly bilingual customer service staff is ready to help from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm PST, Monday through Friday and 10:00 – 2:00 p.m. PST on Saturday.
  • You can also email at

How can I make a payment on my policy?

  • You have multiple ways to make a payment. The fastest way to make a payment is online at
  • You can also call 800-202-7287 (24/7 Automated Payments)
  • You can also mail your payment at:
    Bluefire Insurance Services
    P.O. Box 143249
    Irving, TX 75014-3249


Does everyone have to have auto insurance?

Yes, most states mandate that a motor vehicle owner carry some minimum level of liability insurance.

How much auto insurance coverage do I need?

An auto insurance policy can include several different kinds of coverage.  Your local agent will provide professional advice on the type and amount of car insurance coverage you should have to meet your individual needs and comply with the laws of your state. 

How does my driving record affect my insurance premium?

Your premiums are calculated by many different factors in addition to the coverage options you chose.  Each state operates differently and each company bases its rates on various factors.  Generally, the better your driving record, the lower your premium.

How is the cost of insurance determined?

Your cost for auto insurance varies, depending on many factors.  Some examples include the type and amount of coverage you purchase, your driving record, the amount of miles you drive, and the number of years you have been driving. Depending on your state’s regulations, other considerations include the ages of the drivers on your policy, gender, and how many miles you drive. Some insurance programs may use your credit history to get a more favorable rate.

What is a premium?

Premium is the price you are charged for coverage. The premium is based on the likelihood, frequency, and cost of potential accidents, including non-driving losses such as theft.

What is a deductible?

The deductible is the amount of the loss for which you are responsible.  The deductible can be applied in a number of ways: a specific dollar amount, a percentage of the overall claim, or a specific amount of time that must pass before the claim benefits are paid. Auto insurance deductibles are typically a specific dollar amount. 

What is an endorsement?

An endorsement is an amendment to the insurance policy that changes the policy’s coverage or terms. A typical example is the addition of another car or driver to your existing policy.

What discounts are offered by Bluefire?

Multi-car, Good Driver, Renewal, and Mature Driver to name a few.

What are the different types of coverage that are offered?

  • Liability Coverage - The part of your policy that covers injuries and property damage that you, the insured, caused someone else. Auto Liability Coverage is compulsory in most states. This means you are required to have it in order to drive. State law usually sets the minimum required liability coverage amount. Additional coverage can also be purchased. Auto Liability Coverage does not provide any coverage for damage to you or your property; it only covers someone else (third-party) if you cause the damage. Liability coverage has two separate coverage types: bodily injury and property damage. Making sure you have adequate coverage is very important because your policy will pay up to certain limits only. If the cost of the damage is greater than the policy limits, you will be responsible for the additional costs.
  • Collision Coverage - The part of your policy that pays for damage to your vehicle when it is damaged from a collision with another vehicle or object.
  • Comprehensive Coverage - The part of your policy that provides coverage for your car if the damage is caused by something other than a collision with another car (e.g. fire, theft, hail or flood).
  • Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - The part of your policy that provides payment to you and your passengers to treat injuries that result from an accident.
  • Uninsured Motorist Coverage - The part of your policy that protects you from uninsured drivers and hit-and-run drivers. This coverage sometimes has separate limits and deductibles. There are two types of coverages for uninsured motorists:
    • Uninsured motorist bodily injury (UMBI) pays for injuries to you or your passengers when an uninsured driver is deemed at-fault in an accident.
    • Uninsured motorist property damage (UMPD) coverage pays for damage if your car is hit by a driver without insurance and, in some states, if you are the victim of a hit-and-run.


What do I do if I am involved in an accident?

  • Remain calm – this will help you maintain control of the situation and gather necessary information
  • Check for injuries and seek medical attention if needed.
  • Turn your hazard lights on
  • If it is safe to do so, move as far from the roadway as far as possible (while remaining at the scene).
  • Call the police to report the accident, no matter how minor the accident. Write down the name of the police department and the report number.
  • Contact your insurance company as soon as possible
  • Gather information. Write down names, addresses, telephone numbers, and driver’s license numbers from other drivers and witnesses.
  • Do not admit fault. Do not discuss the accident with anyone except a company representative or the police
  • Obtain information from the other parties
    • Name, address, driver’s license and phone number of all people involved
    • Vehicle identification information (year, make, and model), and any damage.
    • If possible, take pictures of the scene and the damages.
    • Insurance carrier and policy number
    • Tow truck company & phone number (if present)